Lucky Charms…they’re magically delicious! Here is a spin off on the traditional rice crispy squares and I thought St Patrick’s day would be a wonderful time to do it 🙂
We weren’t allowed too many sugary cereals while growing up. So naturally I’d be over the moon when a box of Lucky Charms magically appeared in our cereal drawer 🙂 One of my favourite things to do was grab a big bowl of it and eat it while watching the usual after school shows such as Recess, Rugrats, Hey Arnold and of course Arthur! Which btw still records at 7am every day at our house 😉
I used to love eating the cereal first and leaving the marshmallows until the end. My sister would always come up to me and demand me to give her half of my cereal. I would object and my mom would deny my request since too much sugar got me hyper active. By that time however the only thing remaining in the bowl would be the marshmallows so all my hard work pretty much went down the drain
I used a traditional recipe to create these treats. It’s super easy and a great way to get your kids involved too!
LUCKY CHARM SQUARES
- ¼ cup of salted butter
- 1 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 3 drops of green gel food colouring (can omit if needed)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 6 cups of Lucky Charms cereal
- cooking spray
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows, food colouring (if desired) and vanilla extract. Once the mixture has melted remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in the cereal until evenly distributed.
- Transfer onto a 9×9 greased baking dish. Cool for about 45 minutes to an hour. Cut into squares and Enjoy!