If there’s one thing you HAVE to eat this weekend, it’ll be these warm, delicious BAKED mini cinnamon sugar donuts! And of course you won’t be able to stop with just one 😉 Donuts have always been my guilty pleasure. I remember going grocery shopping with my grandparents when I was younger and as a treat, they’d always let me have a donut. It was always be either a old fashioned glazed or a sugar donut and trust me, I was in heaven during that whole grocery trip!
There are many different variations of donuts all around the world. During our trip to the Dominican last year, I noticed our resort made these fresh Dominican donuts. And of course, I always had to go back for seconds 🙂 The donut looked much different than the ones sold here but surprisingly it tasted the same!
I’ve stayed away from making homemade donuts just because I hated the fact that I would be deep frying them. A couple of years ago, I noticed donut pans hitting the shelves. My first thought was ‘Do I really need yet another baking pan that I’m never going to use?’. I wanted to get the pan but I really wanted a MINI Donut pan! I went online and found whole bunch but I really wanted to see the pan in person to look at the material and durability of it. My boyfriend and I were at Winners one day and magically found a mini one that I just had to get!
Wolfgang Puck’s 12 Count Mini Donut Pan
This recipe is super easy to make! I pretty much took a cookie recipe and turned it into a donut recipe. It consists of butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour and of course I added milk 🙂 I mixed these ingredients up in my stand mixer and then added them to a piping bag. I found the piping bag helps a lot with filing the pan evenly without creating a huge mess!
Mini Donut Pan Ready For The Batter!
You can choose to butter your pan before adding in the batter. Once the donuts are done baking in the oven, remove them and let them chill on a wire rack. To top the donuts, I simply dipped them in melted butter and then then dipped them in a cinnamon sugar mixture!
CINNAMON SUGAR BAKED MINI DONUTS
– ½ cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
– ½ cup of sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tbsp of vanilla
– ½ cup of whole milk
– 1½ cups of all purpose flour (sifted)
– 2 tsp of baking powder
– ¼ tsp of salt
– ¼ cup butter (melted)
– ¼ cup sugar
– 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- To prepare the batter, In a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla, egg and milk. Mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Ensure the batter is not over mixed.
- Add the batter to a piping bag and fill each cavity halfway.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the baked donuts and allow to cool.
- To prepare the topping, melt the butter in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Dip each donut lightly in the butter and then dip into the sugar mixture