Who doesn’t love a one pot wonder? While grocery shopping this past weekend, I quickly put this recipe together. Comfort food was what I wanted. Something homey, creamy and fabulous all in one pot. I mean come on! Who wants to dirty unnecessary dishes?? Definitely not me. I don’t even like washing the dishes once I’m done cooking or baking! After some thought, I put my vision into action and made it for my family for our weekly Sunday dinner. They were happy (as usual) 😉 It’s pretty much chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce topped with peas and of course, crispy bacon. Need I say more?
ONE POT CHICKEN & MUSHROOM PASTA
- 4 strips of bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 6 chicken thighs, skin off
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 medium mushrooms (halved if large)
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- ½ cup of heavy cream (33%)
- 2 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of oregano
- ½ tsp of parsley
- ¼ tsp of mint
- 4 cups of egg noodles
- ½ cup of peas
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until just crisp. Remove bacon and set aside
- Remove any access oil from the pot. Add in 2 tbsp of butter and cook chicken (sprinkled with salt & pepper) until just cooked, flipping once. Chicken will finish cooking with the pasta. Set aside.
- Add the remaining tbsp of butter. Add in the garlic, mushrooms and shallots. Cook until liquid from mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, oregano, parsley, mint and salt & pepper.
- Add in the chicken and bring to a boil until sauce has thickened. Add in the egg noodles and simmer until cooked.
- Add in cooked bacon and peas. Serve with garlic bread and Enjoy 🙂