As I just had my PRK and Cornea Cross Linking surgeries done on my right eye two weeks ago, I’ve been at home resting and with one eye open, I was catching up on my new favourite show ‘Better Call Saul’ 🙂 All of a sudden I got this insane craving for sliced bananas with dusted cinnamon and drizzled honey on top 😀 As I started cutting up the bananas, I thought to myself why not make a cupcake out of this??!
It was super easy to put this recipe together plus I had some super ripe bananas sitting around which was a major plus! While baking it’s very important to use ripe bananas. The riper the banana the better the product. I love using ripe bananas as they are high in fiber, vitamin C and potassium. The cupcakes came out AMAZING!! I gave half of them to my boyfriends family, a quarter of them to my grandma and pretty much ate the other quarter. They were just so rich and creamy and the frosting was literally the icing on top 😀
BANANA CUPCAKES WITH CINNAMON HONEY FROSTING
BANANA CUPCAKES BATTER
– 1½ cups of all purpose flour (sifted)
– 1 tsp of baking powder
– ½ tsp of baking soda
– ¼ tsp of salt
– 1½ cups of mashed banana (about 4 ripe bananas)
– ½ cup of melted butter
– 2 large eggs
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– ½ tbsp of pure vanilla extract
CINNAMON HONEY FROSTING
– ½ cup of butter (room temperature)
– 1¼ cup of powdered icing sugar
– ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon
– 1 tbsp of honey
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Ensure the rack is in the middle position in the oven. Line your muffin tins.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) In a stand mixer, combine the mashed bananas and melted butter. Add in the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
4) Add in the flour mixture and carefully mix for about 30 seconds. Do not over mix.
5) Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tins (I found that using an ice cream scoop makes it much easier)
6) Bake the cupcakes for 9-10 minutes.
7) Combine all of the frosting ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
8) Top the cooled cupcakes with frosting and enjoy! 😀