My favourite rice is jeera rice 🙂 It’s just so light and fluffy and tastes amazing every time I eat it 🙂
JEERA (CUMIN) RICE
– 2 cups of basmati rice (with extra water to soak the rice)
– 3 tbsp of oil
– 1 tsp of whole jeera (cumin)
– 1½ cups of water
– 1 tsp salt
– fresh chopped coriander
1) In a medium bowl, soak the rice in water for 10 minutes. Drain.
2) Preheat a pot over medium heat. Add the oil, jeera (cumin), water and salt.
3) Bring to a boil.
4) Add the rice and stir.
5) Lower heat to medium low heat and cover.
6) Rice will be ready in 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander.