I decided to go ahead and make my first curry 🙂 After much research, I’ve found that cinnamon bark is used for upset stomach, diarrhea, menstrual cramps, colds and the flu. Cumin helps our immune system, gives us energy and better digestion. I started with a basic curry served with basmati rice 🙂
– 4 chicken legs
– 4 tbsp oil
– 4/5 cloves
– 1 cinnamon bark
– 1 tsp of whole cumin
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 tsp of grated ginger
– ½ onion (chopped)
– 1 tsp of salt
– 1 tsp of turmeric
– t tsp of chili powder
– 1 tsp of ground cumin
– 1 tsp of garam masala
– 2 large potatoes (peeled and cubed)
– ½ can of diced tomatoes
– 400 ml of chicken broth
1) In a large pot over medium/high heat, add oil.
2) Add the cloves and cinnamon bark to the heated oil.
3) Once the cloves have opened up, add the whole cumin. Add the garlic, ginger and onions. Stir over medium heat until golden brown.
4) Add chicken legs, salt and turmeric.
5)Stir, cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
6) Over medium heat, add the chili powder, ground cumin, garam masala and potatoes. Stir until well combined
7) Add the diced tomatoes. Stir, cover and cook for 10 minutes
8) Add the chicken broth. Stir, cover and cook for 25 minutes
9) Once the 25 minutes have been up, the sauce will have thickened. Serve with warm basmati rice 🙂