My mom asked me to make the famous crunchy jumbles when I came home from work today. It was really sweet because she had made sure that the butter and eggs were at room temperature 🙂 This recipe was originally given to me by my aunt and our family has been making these cookies for over 15 years. Essentially they are your typical chocolate chip cookie but with a bit of a twist…rice krispies!
One of the tricks that I’ve learned is to cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. This incorporates more air into the batter, making your cookies lighter in texture. I usually cream the butter first for about 5 minutes and then continuing for an extra 5 minutes once I’ve added the sugar.
I always tend to add a bit more of the rice krispies just because i love the extra crunch! Here is my modified recipe 🙂
INGREDIENTS: – ½ cup of butter (room temperature) DIRECTIONS: 1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. – These cookies are best when eaten warmed in the oven. They also freeze very well…if there are any left 🙂
BINA'S CHEWY CRUNCHY JUMBLES
– 1 cup of sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp of vanilla
– 1 ¼ cup of flour
– ¼ tsp of salt
– ½ tsp of baking soda
– 1 cup of chocolate chips
– 2 cups of rice krispies
2) In a large bowl, beat the butter for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and continue to beat for another 5 minutes.
3) Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 1 minute
4) Add the flour, salt and baking soda and beat for another minute
5) Add the chocolate chips and rice krispies, stir until well combined
6) Bake desired cookie sizes in the oven for about 8-10 minutes ( I usually create 6 small cookie balls and bake 4 batches of them)
– ½ cup of butter (room temperature)
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
– These cookies are best when eaten warmed in the oven. They also freeze very well…if there are any left 🙂