This BBQ Chicken Pizza was inspired by the Boston Pizza BBQ Chicken Pizza my boyfriend and I usually get. The trick was to find a BBQ that wasn’t too tangy yet sweet at the same time. Luckily I found Newman’s Own BBQ Sauce at our local grocery store. The more amazing thing is that all the proceeds from Newman’s Own go to charity! I decided to use cubed boneless chicken thighs. Marinating the chicken is really the key thing in making this dish a success! The longer the chicken is marinated, the more the flavours really get to sink in 🙂
INGREDIENTS: – 1 ready made pizza dough DIRECTIONS: 1) Start off by marinating the chicken in the BBQ sauce for a couple of hours to really let the flavor sink in.
SAVORY BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
– 2 chicken thighs (cubed)
– 2 tbsp of olive oil
– 8 slices of chopped turkey bacon
– ¼ cup of Newman’s Own BBQ Sauce
– ½ red onion (chopped)
– ¾ cup of freshly grated gouda and mozzarella cheese
– 3 tbsp of ranch dressing sauce (optional)
2) Once the chicken has been marinated, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
3) Place the chicken in a fry pan with the olive oil. Cook over medium heat and add some salt & pepper.
4) While the chicken is cooking, cook the turkey bacon in a separate fry pan over medium heat.
5) Prepare the pizza dough by adding BBQ sauce as a base and adding the cooked chicken and turkey bacon.
6) Add the chopped red onions and top with the grated cheese.
7) Place the pizza into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden.
8) Remove the pizza from the oven and drizzle the ranch dressing over top for the best combination!
– 1 ready made pizza dough
1) Start off by marinating the chicken in the BBQ sauce for a couple of hours to really let the flavor sink in.