My siblings and I whipped this up for dinner today. We put together all of our raw leftover pasta (macaroni, linguine and fettuccine) and decided to create a pasta masterpiece (or so my brother says). Throw in some chopped mushrooms and roasted garlic and serve with some freshly toasted garlic bread. This pasta will sure give you a good night’s sleep!
– 350 g of pasta of your preference (we used macaroni, linguine and fettuccine) DIRECTIONS: 1) Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook pasta until al dente. 🙂
ALFREDO & ROASTED GARLIC PASTA
– 6 mushrooms, sliced
– 1 shallot, minced
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– 4 tbsp of butter
– 2 tbsp of flour
– ½ cup of milk
– 1 tsp of oregano
– 1 tsp of tarragon
– 2 tbsp of olive oil
– salt & pepper
– fresh parsley, chopped
– garlic bread, toasted
2) In a large fry pan add the remaining olive oil and saute the mushrooms until golden brown. Set aside
3) Melt 2 tbsp of butter in the fry pan and saute the garlic & shallots until golden brown
4) Add the remaining butter and flour. Stir to form a roux.
5) Add the milk, whisk until the mixture starts to thicken
6) Add the mushrooms and cooked pasta into the sauce
7) Add the oregano, tarragon and fresh parsley into the mixture
8) Serve with the toasted garlic bread
– 350 g of pasta of your preference (we used macaroni, linguine and fettuccine)
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook pasta until al dente.